Thursday, July 16, 2009

Welcome!!

Hello, everyone!



Welcome to my blog....finally! I've been saying for the past couple of weeks I would get this up and running, but time flies when you're running! Haha! I'll try my best to update everyone on how my running is going each week. If the next 12+ weeks are anything like the past 9 weeks, I'm sure you'll find my posts to be quite entertaining!



Over the past 9 weeks, I've started the full-marathon training program with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training (TNT). It has been an eye opening and wonderful experience so far! Running during the past 9 weeks has been good for me. It's helped me focus on the things that are important in life and get myself back on track with working out and managing my time. I've also had some not-so-fun times with aches and pains, sucking air like a vacuum it seems at times, and remembering that eating Italian food for lunch isn't a good idea when I'm planning to run in the evening! Man was that a stupid mistake!



I've also become accustomed to making Friday nights "early nights" so I can get up for the early morning runs on Saturdays. At first I dreaded waking up on Saturday morning because I felt like that was my only day to sleep in, but I've quickly learned to enjoy Saturday mornings! I might scare you with this statement, but I actually look forward to Saturday mornings now because I get to see all the great people on the TNT team. I love the peace of the morning and knowing I've lived to see another beautiful day!



Sorry I haven't entertained you with all my funny and comical stories yet, but I do promise there will be plenty to share. Please stay tuned for more updates on my running, fundraising, and self-enlightening experiences. I'm sure you'll get a few laughs out of them...I always do!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment