Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 11...not so good :0(

Last week didn't start out so bad, but it sure did turn out to be a rough week!

I had a great run on Tuesday morning in Scottsdale despite the lightning storms and 85 degree weather...at 5:30 am! It was so hot and humid I was sweating so much it looked like I had run a full-marathon! But that was just the beginning. The extreme change in temperatures from the hot, humid run to sitting in a freezing cold conference room all day was more than enough to bring on a nasty sinus infection, fever and horrible sore throat.

Needless to say, I didn't get any running done the rest of the week. I was very disappointed to miss the run on Saturday morning and thought I would try to stay somewhat active by going for a short hike with a friend. Well, the hike didn't go as planned. Twenty minutes into it, I twisted my ankle and had to hobble my way back to my car. As I slowly made my way down the hill, I beat myself up for (1) thinking that going on a hike was a good idea, and (2) not listening to my instincts. My instincts had warned me that going for a hike wasn't the best idea considering I couldn't fully breathe out of my nose, but I did it anyway.

I can't change what happened, but I've learned from my two setbacks this week. I've been resting up, and elevating and icing the ankle. I missed running with and seeing my team on Saturday so I'm hoping I'll feel well enough to make it to track practice tomorrow!

On a positive note, the past week was a great week for donations! THANK YOU to everyone who has donated to my fundraising goal! Your generous donations have helped me move closer to my goal, and help us win the fight against blood cancers!

Hopefully the cooler weather this week won't be too cool! I'm looking forward to a better week! :0)

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment